The general objective of the European Algae Biomass Association (EABA) is to promote mutual interchange and cooperation in the field of biomass production and use, including biofuels uses and all other utilisations. It aims at creating, developing and maintaining solidarity and links between its Members and at defending their interests at European and international level. Its main target is to act as a catalyst for fostering synergies among scientists, industrialists and decision makers in order to promote the development of research, technology and industrial capacities in the field of Algae.
In this perspective EABA intends to constitute a basis for:
- Establishing a permanent liaison with EU and EU Member States’ Institutions
- Defining and expressing a common position on EU issues (legislation, product specifications, trade and sustainability standards, etc.), acting as a technology neutral platform
- Representing the European biomass industry and scientific community at international level
- Spreading scientific information and knowledge about biomass and biofuels production
- Making research and industry alive in public debate
- Promoting investment and financial support in the field of Algae
- Helping the structuring and planning of research and industrial development on Algae
- Fostering scientific freedom as well as responsibility
- Studying all economic and technical problems which may impact the sector in the European Union and related countries and studying all the direct and indirect environmental, social and economic effects of production and use
- Breaking scientific boundaries on Algae
- Promoting the exchange of scientific information and the publication of sound articles
Below is a complete summary detailing the draft scope, objectives and the main draft structure of the EABA.
The full draft of the Statutes of the EABA are also downloadable from the link below.